The ETIAS visa (European Travel Information and Authorization System) is a travel authorization system that will be implemented in Europe from the end of 2023.

This visa is for citizens of countries that currently do not require a visa to travel to Europe.

The purpose of the ETIAS system is to improve security in Europe and prevent the entry of people who may represent a threat to the security of European countries. Travelers who wish to visit Schengen countries will need to apply for the ETIAS visa online before their trip.

The request is simple and is made through an online form from the official website, which must be completed with personal and travel information. Once approved, the ETIAS visa allows the holder to travel within any Schengen zone country for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

The requirements to be met will be the following:

  • Passport with a minimum validity of 3 months at the time of arrival. This means that the passport cannot have less than 3 months left before it expires.
  • Provide personal and contact information.
  • Answer questions about criminal records.
  • Debit or credit card to make the payment.
  • The cost of the ETIAS will be 7 Euros for people over 18 years old and free for those under 18 and over 70 years old.

Once the request is made, the approved document will be sent to your email or you will be informed if it is rejected.

Which countries require an ETIAS to enter?

The countries for which you will need an ETIAS authorization to travel are the members of the Schengen Area plus four countries, that is to say: 22 member countries of the European Union, 3 Microstates (Monaco, San Marino and Vatican) Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia and Romania are not part of the Schengen Area but will also require ETIAS as part of the European Union.

To travel to the United Kingdom, the ETIAS will not be valid and you must consult the entry requirements according to your nationality.

It is important to note that the ETIAS visa is not the same as a Schengen visa. If a traveler plans to stay in Europe for more than 90 days, or has a purpose other than tourism or business, may need to apply for a conventional Schengen visa.

Contact Us

Our services in the health industry and traveler assistance are specially oriented to the following groups of companies:

Travel Insurance Companies
& Travel Assistance Companies